Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
For years, Abbott’s medical device businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks.
Under general supervision, the Human Resources Coordinator II performs a wide variety of semi-routine and complicated administrative and clerical tasks in support of human resources activities. Assists, as directed, in the administration of policies and programs in the areas of recruiting, compensation, training, employee relations, and personnel research. Prepares and maintains human resources files, records, and information. Participates in and contributes to HR projects as may be assigned. This position will be located in our Santa Clara, CA office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provides general information to employees and services as primary initial interface for employees.
- Supports the new hire process: handles new hire onboarding; processes new hire paperwork, alignment/system changes, point person to field new hire questions.
- Processes all terminations/exits, run system reports and send out to various departments
- Coordinates employee data changes with HR Shared Services to ensure accurate employee records and support efficient and effective processing.
- Support business leaders with global responsibility reporting, utilizing HR information systems and data to run reports and validate, analyze, and utilize global employee data.
- Runs HR reports regularly for HR staff and various client groups
- Provides advanced administrative support Divisional Vice President of Business HR and other managers/directors as assigned, including answering phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, managing correspondence and scheduling couriers, processing expense reports, meeting/event planning, creating or modifying business documents, preparing presentations from source materials, maintaining supplies, handling teleconference and acting as a liaison for remote access issues.
- May interface with auto reimbursement vendor and employee relocation company.
- Maintains updated new hire paperwork and updates as needed
- Remains current on regulatory requirements especially with regard to processing new hires, terminations, and updates in office procedures.
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of employee questions. Ensures that problems/issues are referred to the proper HR staff member for resolution.
- Composes and distributes HR communications
- Processes Excellence Awards monthly for Medical Devices & President’s Awards twice a year
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Assists HR leader to develop policies, programs and tools to enhance organizational capability and implement within business units.
- Follows purchasing and requisition procedures, Corporate Security and Privacy Rules, Corporate Branding Guidelines, and Copy Center procedures (if applicable). Orders business cards and stationery. May establish source documents adhering to corporate standards for stationary and decks of information.
- Uses intermediate to advanced software skills to perform work assigned and must have comfort level in managing large amounts of data efficiently.
- Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite and other business-specific software, including the Corporate Travel Web site, and employee performance management systems (as applicable) and owns several shared team sites
Position Accountability/ Scope
- Consistently interacts with HR staff, high-level executives, and employee population base.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and understanding of business processes and requirements.
- Frequently handles confidential, business-sensitive information and manages deadline deliverables.
- Maintains and manages calendars, including meeting and travel scheduling and domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Proactively identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts, maintaining calendars and proactively planning in meeting project deliverables.
- Primary point of contact for manager’s schedule and coordination.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Some college preferred.
Experience/ Training Required
- 3+ years previous administrative experience or equivalent. Operates with general instruction and some supervision.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, competing deadlines, and proactively seeking methods to enhance efficiencies.
- Demonstrated high level of confidentiality and discretion on all information and interactions representing the department.
- Strong analysis and decision making skills. Strong attention to detail and comfort in working with large amounts of data.
- Can work independently and prioritize work.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Visio or OrgPlus, and Outlook.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.