Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world's most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better.
The Consulting Engineer II is responsible for leveraging advanced engineering and tools knowledge to help our customers solve complex electrical/electronics modeling using ANSYS software products. This is a proactive engagement to help streamline our customers' design flow, improve product robustness and quality, as well as reduce their overall product cost by injecting simulation throughout the design process, thus enabling the customer to fully adopt simulation driven product development.
This position will be located on-site at a customer's office location. The Consulting Engineer will provide guidance and mentoring to the customer's global engineering workforce to ensure their success in adopting ANSYS software tools.
- Provide guidance and on-site support promptly to help customer achieve their simulation goals
- Provide mentoring and guidance in the area of structural mechanics modeling to the simulation community.
- Increase the productivity of engineers by providing process development support and creating and disseminating best practices
- Facilitate engagement with ANSYS development organization by sharing customers' needs for feature enhancements and defect fixes
- Create elegant and useful solutions to solve complex business problems by working across various teams and understanding the needs of our customers
- Master's degree in electrical engineering
- Demonstrated use of relevant ANSYS software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA software packages
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
- Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
- Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
- Deep understanding of electromagnetics phenomenon
- Experience with using HFSS, SIwave, Q3D Extractor, Maxwell or other simulation software involving real world, industry level applications
- Familiarity with signal and power integrity simulation analysis including eye diagram analysis, cross-talk analysis, transmission line impedance simulations, bathtub curves, TDR, power delivery networks and power plane decoupling analysis
- Familiarity with circuit level and timing analysis of signal integrity applications.
- Familiarity with package, printed circuit boards and connector design processes and EDA Tools
- Familiarity with high frequency, microwave and antenna concepts including S-parameters, wave propagation, antenna radiation patterns and scattering analysis
- Familiarity with Python, VBscript, Matlab.
- PhD degree in electrical engineering
- Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance
- Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible Companies.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto