Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Consultant, Supply Chain Management Solutions is responsible to conduct or interpret analyses, create deliverables, and help drive project execution for long term market performance partnerships (MPP) clients or assessment and due diligence for potential client projects. This individual will work alongside client teams to solve complex business problems, improve performance, and execute highest priority initiatives. The ideal candidate for this role must be passionate about driving improvements in performance, effective at working in a fast-paced, high energy environment and confident in their interactions with senior leaders, providers, and business partners.
The role of the Supply Chain Management Solutions team is to complete assessments and detailed due diligence to identify financial and operational opportunities at potential clients, to support the broader Optum MPP components, and to lead the delivery of clinical transformation improvement initiatives. There are also several projects associated with continuous improvement of our valuation methodology, product innovation needs and clinical transformation redesign methodologies based on process improvement and technology integration.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Structure complex business problems into frameworks that can be analyzed and solved
- Synthesize findings and summarize a broad range of data inputs into outputs that clearly communicate data findings and insights
- Assist initiative teams to drive transformational, financial and quality outcomes
- Define, develop and document business requirements to ensure clients' needs are captured and delivered
- Create written and oral communication artifacts or deliverables that effectively summarize findings, support fact-based recommendations, and provides appropriate detail to substantiate conclusions
- Perform project management activities, such as tracking deliverables, creating status reports, managing resource plans, and monitoring successful achievement of project goals
- Support the creation of sales pursuit materials and other business development activities (e.g. proposals and Statements of Work (SOWs))
- Develop job aids, training material, and instructions
- Establish self as knowledgeable/credible on topics
- Leverage existing tools and technology available within Optum’s business offerings / establish expertise in functionality of tools / technology
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree obtained
- 5+ years of MS Office experience
- 2+ years of Supply Chain experience within a healthcare environment
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master of Business Administration; Master of Health Administration preferred
- Hospital operational and/or hospital cost reduction experience
- Foundational understanding of health systems / provider organizations
- Experience hospital management and/or participated in clinical transformation consulting engagements resulting in significant recurring financial benefit in
- Experience developing clinical transformation methodologies and designing innovative solutions in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to solve complex problems and communicate findings
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely with all levels of an Organization
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Consultant, Consult, Supply Chain, Business Analysis, Systems Analysis, Project Management, General Consulting, Business Process Improvement, Telecommute, Remote