MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
A Project Manager (PM) develops, coordinates, implements, and manages all facets necessary to construct the project on time, within budget, and to the quality specified. to construct projects on time, within budget and to the quality specified.
The client is a construction manager that just picked up 6 jobs in the past 6 months in the Bay Area. This new team is quickly growing and expanding their market share in tenant improvement and mission critical work for large tech players.
Project Manager responsibilities:
- Maintain adherence to standards of safety; ensuring that required documentation is filed
- Create and manage project budget for all assigned projects
- Develop and collaborate on pre-construction RFP package
- Conduct project meetings, while setting milestones and formulating monthly owner reports
- Establish job processes (RFIs, submittals, and pay applications) including approving pay applications and negotiating subcontract change orders
- Perform project scheduling; ensure project quality control and establish overall project logistics
- Manage the closeout process efficiently
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs while explaining how these needs could be met by specific company services
- Supervise assistant operations support roles such as assistant project manager, administrative assistant, MEP managers, safety team members, etc.
- Collaborate with the project superintendent and site operations team throughout the life of the project
Project Manager Qualifications:
- High school diploma required, four-year degree from an accredited university within the construction, engineering, or business concentrations strongly preferred
10+ years' experience in commercial construction, including experience with a commercial general contractor
Previous experience in a project management role with the ability to execute multiple projects and/or simultaneously
Ability to master sector/project-specific software systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite (ex. Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.), ProCore, Adobe, BlueBeam, JD Edwards
Mastery of reading construction drawings; tasks including reading, interpreting, and updating construction project-related drawings
Ability to organize necessary resources, including people, tools and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results
Knowledge of current market conditions including pricing conventions and trends
Must demonstrate a strong ability to:
Carry oneself as a leader and knowledge holder of the project while facilitating the decision-making process
Demonstrate a positive attitude and passion for construction and our industry
Communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, with a strong ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
Take initiative and seek responsibility
Seek continuous improvement of knowledge and abilities, internal focus on self-improvement
Recognize quality and implement quality standards
Adapt and exercise flexibility with the ever-changing world of technology, design, means and methods
Collaborate with people of various backgrounds and styles
Foster positive relationships with colleagues, clients, subcontractors and vendors
Approach all situations with a customer service oriented attitude
Coach, train and educate assistant level operations team members
Sustain existing client relationships and develop new client relationships
Understand and know what tasks are more important than others; discern what needs to be solved immediately and what can wait; ability to multi-task effectively
Exhibit respectfulness by being punctual, engaged/focused, and respectful of others
A quickly growing Public Works Construction Manager that has picked up 6 jobs in the past 6 months!