POSITION: Construction Accountant
COMPENSATION: Competitive Salary
BENEFITS: Health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(k), paid sick, vacation and Holidays.
IN RESPONSE TO COVID, STAFF IS CURRENTLY WORKING REMOTELY. REMOTE/HYBRID WORK WILL BE OFFERED
Charities Housing's mission is to develop, own and manage the highest quality affordable housing for extremely low and very low-income individuals, families and those in our community with special needs. For nearly 30 years, through service enhanced property management and structured resident involvement, Charities Housing has fostered and supported the highest standards of human dignity in our communities. The culture at Charities embraces a respectful, diverse and empowered environment. We value a healthy work-life balance and encourage everyone to speak up and step up. Growth, mentorship and training are a priority for our teammates. We like to think outside the box and keep our entrepreneurial spirit alive and strong as the company continues to grow. We believe in working hard, but also having fun along the way and celebrating our accomplishments. We are very collaborative and currently have team meetings every 2 weeks to hear what others are working on. This keeps us all feeling connected and allows us to synergize and learn from others.
This position offers a 4% of annual salary sign-on bonus for new hires!
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: Under general direction the Construction Accountant provides highly responsible and complex professional assistance to the Finance Manager; Controller; and other Executive staff in areas of expertise; and performs related work as required.
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Yardi Job Cost and construction accounting experience highly desired.
- Knowledge of administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation, and evaluation, and supervision of staff, either directly or through subordinate levels of supervision.
- Operating partnership documents, loan documents, and other legal documents.
- Organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of projects, programs, policies, procedures, and operational needs.
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including work planning, assignment, review and evaluation, and the training of staff in work procedures.
- Research and reporting methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and procedures.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and Agency staff.
- Ability to provide administrative and professional leadership and direction for the department and the Agency.
- Prepare and administer large and complex budgets; allocate limited resources in a cost-effective manner.
- Interpret, apply, and ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Research, analyze, and evaluate new service delivery methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, policies, procedures, and other written materials.
- Conduct complex research projects, evaluate alternatives, make sound recommendations, and prepare effective technical staff reports.
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record-keeping, and tracking systems.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines.
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities.
- Highly analytical, forward thinking, with an acute attention to detail.
- Self-started, self-disciplined.
- Remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field.
- Two (2) years in a supervisory or management capacity.
The following duties are normal for this position but this list is not to be deemed all-encompassing. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Plans, supervises, and oversees accounting activities of Development Projects under construction.
- Enters pay applications and reconciles retention.
- Processes payments to General Contractor
- Enters and processes construction payables.
- Monitors cash balance in construction accounts.
- Advance and record advance funds from parent company as required.
- Monitors balance of advances against board approved amounts.
- Monitors transfer of funds from reserve accounts to cover operational advances.
- Monitors amount of parent company funds spent on pre-development projects and withdraw from reserve account as necessary.
- Ensures the accurate recording of loan draw funds that are received from lenders.
- Processes funds returns to reserve accounts on funding of lender draws.
- Directs the monitoring of lender loan balances.
- Ensures recording of draws in Yardi.
- Records monthly interest for construction loans.
- Oversees and calculates interest for parent company loans to projects.
- Processes reconciling of construction cash accounts.
- Charges rent, receives and deposits rent and monitors past due balances for pre-development projects with commercial tenants.
- Monitors and sends utility statements to facilities manager for preparation of CAM charges bi-monthly for commercial tenants.
- Enters CAM charges into Yardi.
- Ensures CAM charge statements are sent to tenants at pre-development properties with commercial tenants.
- Assists and responds to inquiries received from the Development team.
- Prepares, reviews, and presents staff reports, various management and information updates, and reports on special projects as assigned by Finance Manager and Controller.
- Prepares and provides financial information to auditors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by state or federal law. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We are looking to make an immediate hire. This position will remain open until it has been filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates, we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
No relocation will be provided.