JT4 is hiring a Computer Scientist II for their Edwards Air Force Base located California..
The Computer Scientist will have a good grasp and usage of C, C++, and C#. Linux background knowledge and knowledge base for programming. Programming concepts as follows; write client/server network applications using sockets, write threaded capable applications, memory management in applications, interface with OSS (Windows/Linux) features for programming file manipulation (open/read/write). GIT or GITLAB background knowledge.
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Advise team and project managers on technical problems
- Interact with customers and project managers on a regular basis
- Use judgment and initiative in developing analytical and computational technologies and methodologies for problem solving
- Interpret customer requirements and develop and analyze the most appropriate approach to solve technical problems
- Assist in the design of system/software and associated design documentation
- Participate in design reviews
- Implement design through software coding or hardware and appropriately document the design implementation
- Plan and execute unit, integration, and system testing
- Assist in maintenance and sustainment activities of system/software
- Perform other job-related duties, as required
Work is performed in a typical office environment with no unusual hazards. Occasional lifting to (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness are required. Travel to remote company work locations may be required.