UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
As a NC Community Outreach Representative (COR) you'll utilize innovative strategies and programs to ensure access to health care coverage for the underserved and impact millions of lives. You'll use your energetic, empathetic approach to marketing and add value to our team. Through community marketing and outreach efforts, you will have direct impact on membership growth and retention. You'll use your creativity, strategic lens, and outspoken attitude to be part of an elite team to rewrite the history of UnitedHealth Group.
This COR will interface with members of the Business Development team to increase marketing synergy and drive overall UHC Medicare Dual Special Needs Plan (DSNP) membership growth. Working under minimal supervision and collectively with the UHC Medicare Sales team, this COR is responsible for working in targeted communities to increase enrollment for the UHC Medicare DSNP. Specifically, this position is responsible for developing sites and establishing valued-partner relationships, securing venues and community-based organizations (CBOs) with marketing activities that provide membership growth opportunity for qualified UHC Sales Agents.
**This is a non-exempt, hourly paid role supporting Medicare sales team in the field**
If you are located in Eastern NC, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with the leadership/management of those organizations as a 'UnitedHealthcare relationship' -this will allow ongoing access to conduct presentations and informal sales events that generate leads and new membership
- Work with the existing Community Outreach team, if available, to determine current CBO relationships with whom to Investigate, identify, initiate, and respond to opportunities to create or participate in marketing activities that lead to membership growth
- Partner with multiple sales/distribution channels, leveraging contracted UHC agents and broker agents to drive events and leads, with ultimate success measured by closed sales
- Collaborate with local market sales leadership within both Community & State and Medicare & Retirement to determine agents best suited and interested to sell in the DSNP space
- Track and measure various sales event effectiveness and activities, events, leads & lead progress, sales, appointments, contacts, and relationship progress daily through internal systems. Assists with designing and measuring overall sales event strategy. Ensure all events are properly filed with appropriate regulatory agencies through the established UHC process
- Execute, plan and coordinate resources (i.e., vendors, partners, Sales Agent, etc.) to ensure a successful event
- Meeting or exceeding targeted growth, retention, and enrollment expectations within assigned territory
- Assist with planning, implementing, and coordinating both sales and non-sales events for all assigned products
- Provide input, support and feedback on promotional opportunities, benefits, and other issues
- Prepare preliminary budget recommendations for each approved event
- Identify, develop, and maintain solid relationships with key community partners. Serve as an ambassador for United Healthcare
- Stay informed on UHC operations, provider network, premiums, member services, claims, explanation of benefits, processes and other services and issues to provide community partners, prospects, and members with accurate information, and provide feedback as appropriate
- Update FLP system with event activities as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- State life/health insurance license is a requirement for this position by law. If you do not already have one, must be willing to obtain a (company-sponsored) state health/life insurance license within 60 days of hire
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Ability to work core business hours, Monday - Friday, 40 hours, overtime, weeknights, and weekends, when required
- Insured, dependable vehicle, good driving history with current driver's license
- Ability to travel locally up to 75% of the time within this NC market area
- Live in Eastern North Carolina
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Active life/health insurance license
- 2+ years of business-to-consumer (B2C) marketing, outside sales or community outreach experience
- Experience presenting to all audiences including public and senior management
- Experience working with communities of all different ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, diverse populations and/or underserved communities
- Medicare Advantage/Dual Special Needs Plan (DSNP) experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medicare or CMS marketing rules and regulations
- Established professional relationships with non-profits, community sources CBO’s, religious/faith-based organizations FBO’s in designated sales territory
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.