We are seeking a Commercial Lines Agent. This person will be responsible for prospecting and generating new commercial and property and casualty business based on the needs of the commercial client. This person must be a self-starter with proven success working with medium-large scale commercial clients in diverse industry segments. Broad based knowledge of commercial exposures and commercial insurance policies a must. Position can be remote.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospecting, contacting commercial enterprises and evaluating their insurance needs
- Researching the various policies of insurance companies and finding the best polices for the clients
- Submitting quotes, completing applications, requesting loss runs, filling out applicable forms and servicing clients throughout lifecycle of the policy
- Support new and existing accounts (marketing, certificates, binders, billing, etc.)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Develop and maintain relationships with carriers, brokers, and underwriters
- Exceed production goals
- Meet with or contact accounts 120 days prior to renewals to review strategy changes or additions requires in coverage and prepare renewals
- Knowledge of commercial and insurance laws
- Maintain knowledge of new products
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years selling commercial lines
- Valid P&C Insurance License
- Experience with medium to large commercial accounts
- Established connections with commercial carriers, brokers and underwriters
- Familiar with stand-alone coverage as well as commercial package policies
- Working knowledge of ACORD Forms
- Familiarity with using insurance company websites to rate polices and process changes
- Valid Driver's License
- Working knowledge of Commercial Carriers and Brokers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Outgoing, goal driven, and detail orientated
- Established Book of Business
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior management experience
Essential Physical Requirements
- Must be able to work from a sitting position for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to work in front of a computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work on a standard computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in a cubical environment during the workday with limited or no distraction.
I am Jane Halvorson and I look forward to having a conversation with you about your aspirations for a future career. Please contact me at (605) 988-8543 or email a resume and availability to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to have a conversation about this exciting career advancement opportunity! Connect with me on Linked In: linkedin.com/in/jane-halvorson-3217b419/
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.