100% Remote Opportunity
Cloud Account Engineer OR Technical Account Manager (as part of the larger Cloud Team) fills a hands-on engineering role to work closely with customers to provide them with focused support for the timely resolution of support requests and drive their successful adoption and use of AWS services in a large multi-AWS Account environment.
Each customer is supported by an Account Manager and a Cloud Account Engineer, and together you collaborate to ensure the ongoing success of each customer and to confirm that they continue to make effective use of contract and AWS services.
As the Cloud Account Engineer, you will do this through ongoing triage and resolution of support requests and work to identify any recurring issues and recommend changes. You will also have regular review meetings with customers to discuss any issues or problems and provide feedback to the contract and Cloud Leadership teams.
Key to the Cloud Account Engineer’s success will be getting out ahead of their customer’s selection and usage of AWS services in order to provide recommendations, suggestions, or alternatives. The Cloud Account Engineer will be reviewing and evaluating new AWS services and understanding how they could or could not be used to help their customers. Key to these recommendations is understanding why a particular AWS service won’t work in the customer’s AWS environment and being able to recommend another solution. OR to understand why it won’t work and advocate back to the Cloud Team with a solution for how it could.
The Cloud Account Engineer must be a proactive technician who loves learning and advocating about new technology.
Top Skills Details:
1. 40%: Provide advocacy and strategic technical guidance to assist our customers plan and build AWS solutions using best practices.
2. 40%: Troubleshoot and resolve issues with customer’s AWS Cloud and related trouble tickets (tier 3 support).
3. 20%: Collaborate with other engineers and product owners to continually evolve products and services using Agile and DevOps techniques.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Excellent AWS Service and technical knowledge:
o Thorough understanding of AWS infrastructure and services including but not limited to VPC, Security Groups, IAM, Cloud Formations, EC2, EBS, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, AWS Config.
o Deep understanding of the customer’s AWS environment and configuration
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and customer handling skills
o Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build effective relationships with customers and with other members of the Cloud Team.
o Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Communicates effectively at both the executive and technical level to ensure consistent messaging and appropriate escalation
• Automation experience with Ansible, Python and BOTO3, AWS Systems Manager, and other AWS automation services.
• Experience working as part of an Agile/Kanban Team
o Ability to self-start and successfully collaborate in a distributed team environment.
o Willingness to adapt and change and take on new challenges.
o Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team.
o Strong analytical problem-solving ability.
o Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
o Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
• Experience with DevOps concepts, methodologies, and tools.
o Experience with Git and Jira is a must.
o Experience with Jenkins and Ansible highly preferred.
• Experience with ServiceNow (or similar ITSM tool) to self-select AWS and related trouble tickets from a queue and successfully resolve them to meet or exceed documented SLAs
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.