Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for performing high complexity laboratory testing (Next generation DNA sequencing) on patient specimens, performing quality control and quality assurance procedures, interpreting and reporting patient results, and complying with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements. The work requires keeping meticulous and organized records, excellent attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and be flexible with tasks and schedules.
- Perform laboratory tests, procedures and analyses per the laboratory’s standard operating procedures
- Review, interpret and report patient results in LIMS
- Independently identify and troubleshoot high complexity problems that adversely affect the test performance
- Perform, review and document laboratory quality control procedures
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Perform and document routine preventive maintenance
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel
- Maintain sufficient inventory of laboratory supplies for daily operations and prepare reagents required for testing
- Perform and document reagent qualification per the approved protocols
- Perform annual review of Standard Operating Procedures
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Laboratory Supervisor or Safety Officer
- Participate in introduction of assay improvements, new assay configurations and validation
- Perform other miscellaneous laboratory duties as assigned and assist others as time allows
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laboratory regulations
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Hours and days may vary depending on operational needs
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimens and instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements, and high speed centrifugation (Generally Laboratory and Client Services employees only)
- Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary
- Some lifting (up to 25 pounds) may be necessary
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at: <a href=\