Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed provides concierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic staff that understand and care about the patient’s health. WellMed’s proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
The Clinic Administrator provides leadership, direction and administration of operations to ensure accomplishment of clinic and organizational objectives. Directs, supervises and coordinates the overall operation of the clinic and staff.
If you are located in Corpus Christi, TX, and / or the surrounding area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
*** $2,500 Sign on Bonus will be paid out to external new hires ***
- Direct, supervise, and coordinate specific functions and activities of clinic, including systems, policies and procedures, human resources, support services, etc
Assist the Medical Director in the development and marketing of new services and referral sources
Facilitate the employment, development and management of employees
Promote the provision of cost-effective, high-quality health care services to patients
Cooperate with medical and administrative staff to ensure compliance with standards and regulations
Review operational problems/policies and recommends solutions and change to Medical Director
Collaborate with Medical Director in the preparation and implementation of quarterly budgets and recommend funding based on knowledge of policies, costs, and operating practices
Represent clinic at public and professional meetings and conferences
Participate in clinic communication and public relations programs
Maintain professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep pace with the trends in health care administration
Perform other related duties which may be inclusive, but not listed in position job description
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor degree in health or business administration or 4+ years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience
- 3+ years of healthcare administration experience required, including 1 year of supervisory experience
- Computer literate- Word, Outlook, Excel, and Internet
- Knowledge of health care administration, clinic philosophy and policies and operating procedures
- Minimum of 1+ years experience analyzing and interpreting complex data
- Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports
- Ability to monitor compliance standards
- Supervisory experience within a clinic setting
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 300 pounds of force
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- Occasionally requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Clinic Administrator, CA , Practice, RN, LVN, LPN, Management, Corpus Christi, Kingsville, Alice, Ingleside, Robstown, Port Aransas, Bishop, Rockport, Aransas Pass, Texas, TX, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting