Position Title: Claims Specialist
Position Number: 351539
Location: Parsippany, NJ 07054
Position Type: Long Term Contract
Required Skill Set:
Analysis, Claims, Insurance
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Job Title: Claims Specialist
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Parsippany, NJ 07054 (onsite, not virtual.)
• Workers Compensation and General Liability Claims
• Conduct regular claims meetings with third-party administrator (TPA) to provide insight, guidance and authorization for TPA-managed claims
• Conduct semi-annual formal claims reviews with TPAs to provide technical expertise, identify trends and strengthen relationships.
• Provide technical expertise for coverage interpretations for various policies in the insurance portfolio
• Ensure insurance carriers are properly notified and regularly updated on high profile and large-exposure claims.
• Respond to various insurance inquiries from internal customers and 3rd parties
• Participate in the education and training of Client employees of claim processes
• Review and investigate complaints to minimize loss exposure
• Provide insurance coverage direction or support to internal counsel to collaborate litigated claims
• Review as needed complaints, pleadings, discovery requests and investigative documents and assist the Client's counsel in defending the cases in litigation
• Set case reserves in accordance to industry practices and to assure actuarial adequacy
• Maintain and update litigation reports used to communicate with senior management and other departments
• Participate in monthly litigation case reviews with senior management and Legal.
• Manage the subrogation efforts of in-house and direct external subrogation professionals
• Identify cases where litigation is both feasible and realistic to effect a recovery
• Coordinate efforts with Operations and provide regular communication and feedback on specific cases
• Provide monthly Fixed- Asset reports
• Provide direction and support to Operations when requested on Disaster Response services to address property perils.
• Manage claim updates into the RMIS system including the approval process for reserve increases and settlements
• Provide risk management and claim management training and development to GMs, direct reports, internal customers and 3rd parties
• Produce reports that measure the claims management effectiveness and loss drivers at hotels
• Audit, review, process monthly loss invoices for LQ and supply CPLG with copy. Must be done prior to the 14th of each month.
• Oversee WC process and claim progress
o Provide approvals on reserve changes
o Assist analyst with complex claims