Company has created a gold standard platform and an end to end solution to map the brain and has achieved early commercial success in the Neuroscience research market. In Company’s first phase of commercial execution, the Company has established its flagship products, nVista and nVoke, in leading Neuroscience laboratories around the world, placing more than 1,000 systems at over 400 sites and enabling over 100 scientific publications. The Company has also built a purpose-driven, scientifically-inspired commercial team of Sales personnel (almost all of who have a PhD in Neuroscience), Field Scientists who are dedicated to making customers successful, and content-driven Marketing personnel. In our next phase of growth, we are seeking an innovative and experienced commercial leader who can build on our early success, help us scale into the broader research market, and identify adjacent markets to drive future growth. As our Chief Commercial Officer you will shape the future commercial strategy for scaling in the Neuroscience market and will define the vision for success in the Sales, Support, and Marketing organizations. If you’ve helped a Life Sciences tools business scale, understand the challenges of new markets, and are interested in making an impact on brain health research, this might be the right role for you.
- Create the commercial roadmap for the next 3-5 years, including defining annual install base expansion goals, annual recurring revenue goals, customer success measures, and aligning the product roadmap to topline growth strategy.
- Drive commercial and business model innovations to catalyze Neuroscience research market penetration and account success.
- Identify adjacent and future growth markets, and shape strategy for bridging to markets beyond the immediately addressable market.
- Lead an industry landscape analysis and identify M&A opportunities aligned with future growth strategy.
- Proactively support Regional Sales Managers and Regional Commercial GMs to win business and to align on-the-ground tactics with top-level growth strategy.
- Understand region-specific nuances and develop regional Sales and growth strategies designed for local market conditions.
- Together with the Chief Scientific Officer, shape a market and business development strategy for Pharma/Biotech leveraging the Company platform’s potential for transforming Pharma/Biotech pre-clinical therapeutic development.
- Lead a team of 30 highly talented team members distributed across the world, including Sales, Field Scientists and Customer Support, and Marketing, and inspire them to perform at their best including fostering a culture of individual drive with team collaboration.
What We’re Looking for:
- Seasoned life sciences commercial veteran who can innovate and drive strategic market penetration, account success, and top line revenue growth.
- 20+ years of life sciences industry experience serving research tools and Pharma/Biotech markets.
- 5+ years in a senior strategic leadership role with demonstrated results to lead change and drive revenue growth.
- Advanced skills in talent strategy including recruiting high performing team members, building team structure, and assessing future organizational skills.
- Data-driven decision maker with strong analytical reasoning power.
- Ability to communicate in a thoughtful and confident manner and lead executive level and investor level presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Advanced degrees are a plus, but not required.