Hope Services is Silicon Valley's leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We serve approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties and provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels.
Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning process? Then read on...
Hope Services is the Bay Area's largest non-profit agency, providing a wide array of quality services for persons with developmental disabilities for over 60 years! We are currently hiring Case Management Specialists for our world-class Mental Health Services program.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more!
Competitive hourly pay commensurate with experience.
Case Management Specialist - Description:
The Case Management Specialist provides assessment, planning and documentation of Mental Health Services as defined in the Santa Clara County Rehabilitation Option. Provides community resources and acts as an advocate with community resources.
Case Management Specialist - Principle Responsibilities:
1. Assist client in obtaining and maintaining appropriate living situations.
2. Performs crisis intervention and evaluation for psychiatric hospitalization.
3. Provides medication education and compliance evaluation.
4. Coordinates and facilitates with other providers concerning medical, dental and mental health needs.
5. Obtains and maintains public benefits and resources.
6. Fully understand Santa Clara County Rehabilitation manual regarding service delivery and documentation of such services.
7. Provide case management on site and in the field. Provide group services as a co-leader to assist clients with personal, mental health, health related, educational, employment and social adjustment problems.
8. Follow the Wellness and Recovery Model to attaining mental health and life goals.
9. Assist clients in transitioning out of individual therapy into group work or the community.
10. Document notes, treatment plans, assessments such as CANS in the electronic health record and provide record for billing.
11. Provide1:1 individual rehabilitation under supervision, when necessary.
12. Understand and follow HOPE Services Policies and Procedures.
13. Conducts individual, behavioral and group counseling/rehabilitation on site and in the field to assist clients with personal, mental health, employment, educational, and social adjustment problems.
14. Develops and maintains public relations and networking within the community, HOPE sites, and with families.
15. Consults with primary care doctors, psychiatrists, therapists, nurses, lab technicians, police and Adult Protective Services to advocate and serve clients.
16. Acts as Representative Payee to ensure assigned clienteles rent and bills are paid in a timely manner.
17. Performs other duties as assigned to ensure efficiency of program services.
Case Management Specialist - Minimum Qualifications:
The Case Management Specialist should possess an AA degree or equivalent plus one year of related experience working with people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment.
Case Management Specialist - Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Specialized expertise in case management or rehabilitation areas such as: medical or health concerns; understanding of suicidal impulses; experience with mental health needs/developmental disability, in self or family member; ability to motivate/train clients in physical exercise/weight management; wrap (wellness and recovery action plan) work; volunteerism; or other specific areas of knowledge that can be brought to the rehabilitation of clients. And:
Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing.
Ability to accept supervision and work cooperatively as a team member with co-workers as well as with the client and community resources.
Knowledge of substance abuse, mental illness, and developmental disabilities.
Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision making situations, good organizational and record keeping skills, and good independent judgment.
Knowledge of medication management.
Knowledge and ability to conduct group and to handle emergency situations.
Ability to be flexible with scheduling and prioritization of tasks.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Extensive amount of time driving and transporting clients in the local community, standing and walking. Exposure to dust, noise, pollens and various weather conditions; writing and computer work; frequent use of phones for consultation and follow-up. Occasional computer work for documentation, written notes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.