Base + Uncapped Commissions.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Dan Asher
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $100,000 - $130,000 per year
A bit about us:
An industry leader in biomedical polymer compounding serving medical device manufacturers nationwide.
Why join us?
Base + Uncapped Commissions!
Medical, Dental, and Vision
Travel: This position will require travel up to 50% of the time.
The essential responsibility of the Distribution Business Development function is to find, qualify, pursue, and bring to fruition new business opportunities for the client Distribution business and to grow the distribution business and the client's group of distribution accounts. The primary “business opportunities” focus includes medical device OEMs as well as medical plastics processors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pursue contact with potential customers.
- Medical OEMs and medical processors with special emphasis on injection molders
- Work with Foster territory sales to assist them in pursuing distribution opportunities…this includes travel with Foster territory sales
- Help service existing distribution accounts if needed
- Work with potential customers to define application background, description, scope, desired outcome, and deliverables.
- Qualify the project as to the intensity of customer need and technical fit, and economics driving the development.
- Recommend a solution to the customer’s problem and request quotes for the customer regarding the recommended solution
- Coordinate internal/external resources
- Communicate and coordinate business and development activities with technical and operational people resources.
- Manage business opportunity development process to customer commitment and closure of the deal.
- Manage business opportunities through to successful outcomes for the business and customers and post a business follow-up.
- Development of a plan for their activities and successful venture
- Trade show attendance
- Product pricing and development of pricing models for specific customers, markets, and applications
- Keeps management informed through reporting required by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
College degree with 5+ years of plastics sales experience, MBA preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.