We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The primary responsibility of the Business Development Manager – Car Dealer Channel (BDM) will be the attainment of annual sales plan within their assigned accounts and within their overall region. The Business Development Manager will be given a sales objective for their assigned accounts and for their region. In addition to achieving their sales and productivity goals, the Business Dev. Mgr. will develop account specific strategies to increase revenues with existing customers, business partners and with new business opportunities. They will need to establish strong working relationships with OE vehicle manufacturers, national and regional dealership groups and OEM field contacts at regional and district levels. They must collect, organize and maintain an accessible repository of program information and foster on-going communication of essential program information to the Car Dealer Channel field sales force. They may also be required to assist with region-specific support that is necessary to grow our business at the in their area of responsibility at the discretion of their Supervisor.
● Responsible for the business development of Regional and National Vehicle OE manufacturer and dealership groups headquartered within their region of responsibility.
● Dually responsible, along with the Manager of Car Dealer Sales for the growth of the accounts within their region of responsibility
● Assist in training the sales force within the Center on ATD’s products and programs.
● Assist in training ATD dealers to develop sell through strategies.
● Establish close working relationships with ATD’s manufacturer representatives that have territory responsibilities within the Center’s coverage area.
● Knowledgeable of the manufacturer Programs and works with Distribution Center personnel and customers to maximize sales opportunities.
● Travel throughout the geographic area within the assigned territory. Travel to the field support center and other destinations as required and determined by management.
● Develop and champion corporate image and reputation and protect and develop the ATD Brand via suitable promotional activities.
● Maximize sales opportunities through sales calls (via telephone, e-mail or personal visit) and attend local or regional trade events to enhance market visibility
● Provide technical, customer relations and personnel management for major programs and projects
● Analysis of the Region, Center and sales force performance for the purpose of goal attainment, benchmarking and needs requirement
● Ability to partner with DC sales staff, providing support for the GM and assistance to the sales staff that compliments the GM in his role.
● Display desire to assist all DC personnel in developing key competencies crucial to their success in products and programs
● Establish positive working relationships with Key Partners.
Key Partners (Positions):
● Sales Center Personnel
● Director of Sales
● Regional Sales Director
● Manager of Car Dealer Sales
● Customer Development Managers – Auto Dealer
● Regional Sales Operations Director
● Region President
● Distribution Excellence Manager
● Regional Supply Chain Director
● Manufacturer Reps
● Field Support Personnel
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
● Education: Minimum High school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university preferred
● Experience: Minimum 5 years of sales experience with 2 years sales management.
● Experience preferred:
● 2-5 years supervising sales people;
● 5 years of sales experience
● 2 years sales management experience
● 5 years’ experience in the tire industry preferred. (Prefer 2+ years of experience in the commercial tire industry and knowledge of market segments, product tiers, applications and brands. This includes Medium Truck, Industrial, OTR, Agricultural and Specialty Tires.)
● Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
● Knowledge of basic business math (percentages and calculations, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, overhead, etc.)
● Thorough understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefit-solution selling, etc.
● Knowledge of current materials, methods, tools and equipment (including technology) used in distribution operations
● Excellent time management and organizational skills
● Must be able to think strategically and innovatively: Identify and act on ideas which further the Company’s strategic goals and business plan.
● Plan and Execute for Success: Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions.
● Communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments, communicate clearly and concisely and adjust communication style to improve performance
● Demonstrate Respect: Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
● Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
● Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
● Travel required: 75+% of the time, travel throughout the geographic area within the assigned region and will require overnight stays. Travel to the Field Support Center and other destinations will be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Shift Type: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Job ID: R16207-5