Ref ID: 00110-9503166001
Classification: HR Coordinator
OfficeTeam is seeking a Bilingual HR Assistant in the bay area! The human resource specialist provides support within various human resource processes, programs and activities within the organization that support the achievement of the departmental goals. This position requires Spanish language fluency. It is extremely important to protect the organization's value by upholding the highest level of confidentiality with regard to all protected information and company documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Spanish language fluency
- Assists with the administration of all employee benefits programs: enrollments, changes and terminations, ID cards, and enrollment form accuracy. Coordinates benefit enrollment data with third party administrator, processing required documents timely and accurately.
- Enters deductions and benefit data for appropriate eligibility, proper deductions, and communicates information as needed to any parties within the benefit. Maintains employee benefit/medical files. Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Performs onboarding responsibilities associated with the hiring process (interviews, scheduling orientation, preparation of paperwork, file preparation, etc.)
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Completes background checks, unemployment claims, WOTC, and other required processes.
- Maintains and distributes various HR related reports (i.e., monthly turnover, HR activity, insurance eligibility, employee listing, etc.).
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Performs confidential personnel file and medical file maintenance. Responds to verifications of employment. Responds to and administers FMLA. Assists or prepares correspondence or other special projects, as assigned.