Responsible for Building Relationships and Enriching Lives by providing STAR Service to Members and Guests ensuring their complete satisfaction while dinning or other enjoying any of the amenity space of Salt + Brine and The Generator Bar at The Alexandria Center for Life Science, San Carlos. Enhance Member retention efforts and coordinate with the other Club departments to provide the Three Steps of Service at all times whether on the golf course, in the Halfway House, or other Food and Beverage service areas.
This position reports directly to the FB Director/Service Director with indirect reporting to the General Manager, Captain, Banquet/Catering Manager, and Sales Manager.
Day to Day:
- Maintain excellent FB service standards as outlined in ClubCorps FB service standard guidelines and other training programs.
- Offer Members and guests the opportunity to obtain and enjoy food and beverage while in any of the Amenites Spaces of The Alexandria Center for Life Science, San Carlos.
- Greet Members promptly by name and make introductions with guests, maintaining a polite and friendly manner at all times, in order to provide high quality service in a timely manner.
- Provide timely service, anticipating needs of every member and guest while maintaining communication with other attendants and management to ensure adequate service as needed.
- Offer to dispose of trash and empties to assist the Members and guests to maintain a consistent and clean environment. Assist in other ways such as directions to the restroom, club house, etc. Be super knowledgeable.
- Ensure the bar is well stocked beverage, ice, etc. and transaction supplies.
- Collect payments (i.e., cash, member charge, etc.) and accurately reconcile daily bank at the conclusion of each shift. Process all business for the day and deposit in designated area.
- Request and restock in a timely manner to ensure proper par levels that allow for consistent and quality service.
- Maintain proper knowledge of product, up selling where applicable. When possible, know which Members and guests are on site. Be knoweldgeable by attending line-ups, etc. and create magic moments with favorites.
- Operate bars within guidelines, policies and procedures to ensure proper serice and safety.
- Safely secure all products on cart including cash bank, keys, etc. and other company property as assigned.
- Document all spills and waste of product &ndash daily par versus usage sheets.
- Clean and sanitize the bar top and tables surrounding the bars, of all food, ice, and trash at the end of each shift. Ensure health code standards are met at all times.
- Communicate with Service/FB Director when special products are needed or there are any problems with food quality, supplies or presentation.
- Assist fellow Employees, Members and guests to ensure delivery of the Three Steps of Service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify management of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Practice good service recovery by rectifying any complaints as soon as possible.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the companys operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Demonstrate good teamwork.
- Work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time.
- Responsible for attendance at all Service Training Meetings as requested.
- Maintain good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas of the Club and assure that others are acting safely.
- Attend daily line-up and participate as requested.
- Wear a clean and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
- A high school diploma preferred.
- Previous Food and Beverage experience preferred.
- Alcohol and food safety awareness certificate.
- Valid drivers license to operate golf cart.
- Excellent communication skills and articulate speech. Ability to follow instructions well.
- You always perform at the highest level of ethical work standards.
- You are comfortable working mostly outdoors.