New Journey AI is currently seeking an Autonomous Vehicle Build Technician with our client in their Palo Alto, CA location. This is a 6+ month/year contract position.
- Our mission is to improve people's lives with the world's best transportation. To do this, we startwith our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
- We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience forthe passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only beachieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets how they evolve, how theybreathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everydaylives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles.
- As a member of the New Product Introduction (NPI) Team, you'll be an integral part of building our nextgeneration Autonomous Vehicle. In collaboration with a diverse group of skilled professionals, your workwill be the literal building blocks to our future transportation experience.
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering (SW, EE, ME, and more) and Operations to deliver projects at aggressive timelines
- Support Engineering development efforts on and off vehicle
- Inspect, handle, and install various sensors including radar, LiDAR, camera, etc.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose failures on our autonomy stack with Technicians andEngineers
- Collaborate with the team to drive continuous improvement of our processes and workenvironment
- Executing various programs and scripts to test components and determine issues
- Record all work through meticulous documentation practices
- Effectively escalate issues as they arise to leadership
- Working independently to quickly overcome challenges with minimal supervision
- Maintain the various L5 lab spaces and machinery
- BA/BS or 3+ years of experience in an engineering-like environment in lieu of a degree
- Experience in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
- Experience working in a clean, organized workshop/autolab environment
- Strong pedigree in Mechanical and/or Electrical fundamentals
- Detailed oriented and process driven
- Ability to operate with little to no supervision
- Positive "Make It Happen attitude
- Clean driving record
- Able to lift at least 30 lbs
- 5+ years of experience in a related field
- Experience working in a technology startup environment
- Experience working in the AV industry
- Knowledgeable of modern vehicle automotive electronics and diagnostic procedures
- Exposure to building and maintaining computer systems
- Server room/Data center work experience
- Forklift certification
- Linux Experience
- Understanding of 5S
- Car enthusiast and an avid DIY'er
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
About New Journey AI:
We are passionate about technologyand understanding how technology can help create a better tomorrow, today. We can contribute to perfecting the intelligence behind the self-driving vehicle by providing drivers to test, track and capture their experiences. Sounds simple, but the experiences and learnings lead to data which helps advance smart livingimproving safety and protecting lives, advancing mobility and contributing to a greener planet.
New Journey AI will create employment opportunities and pave a new career path, but moreover, at the heart, we are a people company that is helping our clients advance new, experimental, driverless AI technology to improve the transportation of people, safely. Our role is to support the testing of the driverless technology and gathering data to refine machine learning.
As the partner of choice to the self-driving industry, we actively promote and encourage diversity and inclusion of all people regardless of race, ethnicity or socio-economic status.
To learn more about New Journey AI and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.newjourneyai.com. "New Journey AI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V