Company inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Company enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Company is available at www.Company.com.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Business HR and Americas, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the Americas Country HR & Compliance organization within Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the United States.
- Implement and/or develop HR strategies and programs to support external macro factors and internal business needs -- in accordance with Company's company culture and values.
- The successful candidate will be located in the Americas near an Company location.
Specifically, this will mean:
- Identifying and developing HR initiatives aligned with the overall company, business and HR strategy. Ensure HR support (e.g. workplace investigations) is delivered in an effective and compliant manner.
- Developing and communicating the objectives and goals for the HR team including talent development and process improvement activities.
- Managing HR compliance activities and implications of current and evolving legal expectations. Monitoring and ensuring effective administration and compliance of policies and programs in accordance with local legal requirements
- Providing upfront consultancy and manage the successful implementation of complex business and cultural transformations. re-organizations, acquisitions & divestitures, changes around Compensation & Benefits etc. Enhancing the organization's capacity to manage change successfully.
- Providing consultative and strategic advice on people and organizational issues to business leaders and Country Management Team to build a high-performance workforce and promote a positive work environment aligned with Company culture and values.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners, HR functions (e.g. Comp, Payroll, Benefits, Staffing, Development), Workplace Services, and Legal to solve challenging issues (e.g. workplace investigations, employee relations, application of HR Policies and Guidelines). Continually challenge/evaluate the quality and effectiveness of HR programs and services and implements/influence changes as appropriate.
- Serving as a company representative with external bodies as required.
- Bachelors or Master Degree or University Degree or equivalent plus demonstrated Human Resources professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of HR operations and a strong understanding of HR functional areas
- Strong understanding of employment and labor law and regulations
- Results-oriented and strong business acumen
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive change
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong negotiation skills with the capacity to influence outcomes
- Good balance of strategic and tactical skills
- Ability to act in a decisive manner with clear or ambiguous information
- Able to operate and collaborate within a matrix organization
- Manage complex and multiple priorities
- Typically 10+ years of proven experience as an effective leader, influencer, and coach