Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
ABOUT ABBOTT HEMATOLOGY
Our Hematology division offers a complete portfolio of hematology solutions including automated analyzers, as well as reagents, calibrators and controls for laboratories with diverse testing volumes. Our offerings are designed to enable your clinical laboratory to be more efficient in today’s changing healthcare environment.
We are currently seeking an Associate Scientist to join our team in Santa Clara, CA. This position will conduct research under the guidance of a research scientist, project coordinator, or R&D manager. This team member will direct their daily activities utilizing multiple experimental techniques and incorporating appropriate procedures. The Associate Scientist will correlate and verify ideas through experimentation as well as interact with other groups and share information; participate in team activities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Understands and consistently follows documented procedures.
- Executes assigned tasks; utilizes technical and theoretical understanding of several techniques to complete assigned tasks.
- Applies quantitative methods: analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions, and provides/implements process or document improvements.
- Troubleshoots instrumentation or experiments.
- Utilizes technical literature to expand technical and theoretical understanding.
- Knowledge of analytical instrumentation.
- Recognizes and assists with the resolution of technical problems.
- May prepare and deliver presentations of project results to own or other groups.
- Influences decision-making through negotiation, addressing conflict, and by building productive working relationships within a team.
- Participate in technology teams., Interprets experimental results, draws conclusions, and recommends options for next steps.
- Makes or provides input to plans that accomplish assigned activities.
- Conducts experiments according to plan., Maintains appropriate documentation so that information and materials are traceable and processes are transferable.
- Modifies work procedures to meet current ADD quality and regulatory requirements.
- Establishes and uses appropriate metrics to measure progress toward meeting quality standards and to enable early identification and correction of gaps.,
- Tries to understand changes in work tasks, situations, and environment as well as the logic or basis for change.
- Exchanges information with appropriate frequency and within a time frame to maximize its utility and to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Takes action that goes beyond job requirements in order to achieve objectives.
- Brainstorms multiple approaches/solutions to approaching the business, processes, and daily work.
- Examines numerous potential solutions and evaluates each before accepting any.
- Targets important areas for innovation and develops solutions that address meaningful work issues.,Deals with people in an honest and forthright manner.
- Does not share confidential information.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- B.S. or Masters degree in a life or physical science.
- Advanced degree preferred; PhD in Life Sciences (Biology, Biochemistry) or relevant fields.
- Experience in IVD, medical device, or pharmaceutical companies with solid experiences in product development, R&D, verification & validation, regulatory compliance, etc.
- A hematology background or flow cytometry experiences would be highly preferred, but not necessary.
- Excellent statistic skills for data analysis is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.