Experis, a ManpowerGroup company has an exciting contract opportunity for an Associate Scientist. This position is a 9 - 12 month contract for one of our key clients, a global biopharmaceutical company that is engaged in the discovery, development and manufacturer of healthcare products.
Job Title: Associate Scientist
Location: Redwood City, California, 94063
Duration: 12 months (High Possibility of Extension)
Shift time: 8am to 5pm
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Perform analytical testing to support CMC development of therapeutic antibodies, antibody variants, and antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) including: UV concentration, capillary electrophoresis, imaged capillary isoelectric focusing, HPLC/UHPLC (size-exclusion, ion-exchange, reverse-phase, hydrophobic interaction, hydrophilic interaction) and other wet lab techniques.
* Contribute to the development of capillary electrophoresis and/or HPLC/UHPLC methods to characterize biotherapeutic proteins and their associated variants and impurities. Assist in troubleshooting instrumentation and method issues.
* Participate in validation and transfer of QC release and stability methods to third party CMOs.
* Author test method SOPs, method validation protocols/reports, and technical reports.
* Present work and results in team and group meetings.
* BS/MS in Biochemistry/Chemistry with 1 to 4 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
* Must possess a solid understanding of protein chemistry and biochemistry
* Experience performing capillary electrophoresis and/or HPLC protein characterization assays.
* Experience with Empower software is preferred.
* Experience with CMC analytical development of monoclonal antibodies or related biotherapeutic proteins is preferred.
* Ability to learn new techniques, create and maintain accurate and complete records, follow instructions, attention to detail.
* Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Must be capable of working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and managing multiple concurrent assignments.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Experis Phone: 414-203-8334 Ext: 7112
Address100 Manpower Place, Milwaukee WI 53212