Job title: Associate Manager Medical Information
Duration: 12 months (contract with high possible ext.)
Location: Foster City, CA
- Working under direction, the Associate Manager of Medical Information will respond, verbally and in written format, to medical inquiries from healthcare professionals, patients, and consumers (or, at a regional level, to medical affairs staff in affiliates and distributors in response to escalated, complex requests).
Routine responsibilities may include:
- Utilizing Medical Information Response Documents to provide scientifically balanced responses to external parties (healthcare providers and patients) or internal parties (affiliates and distributors) requesting medical or product information
- Creating or updating medical information response documents
- Researching and creating new scientific responses to unanticipated inquiries
- Maintaining a record of all interactions via a relational database Recognizing, obtaining pertinent data on, and accurately transmitting adverse events or product complaints to the appropriate internal departments
- Evaluating drug compendia for accuracy, if applicable Attending scientific conferences and answering questions at medical booths Developing and communicating metrics for other internal departments
- Reporting adverse events per Standard Operating Procedure Leading internal and external QA processes which may include evaluating product inquiry reports, creating a system to solicit feedback, and ensuring consistency of responses interacting with affiliates and ensuring the proper triage of international queries
- Managing employees and/or small teams
- Updates and ensures compliance to Medical Information standard work practices and operating procedures
- Developing departmental strategic initiatives to address major activities within assigned therapeutic area (product launches, labeling updates, etc)
- Developing and maintaining a deep knowledge of product, disease state and competitor knowledge for assigned therapeutic area Critically reviewing, editing, and/or writing scientific documents such reimbursement dossiers, draft manuscripts, and slide sets
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of therapeutic areas in which Client is operating Strong organization and project planning skills
- Ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a strong attention to detail, excellent project management and problem solving skills, and thinks creatively.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal departments and external contacts
- Strong attention to detail, excellent project management and problem solving skills Specific
Education and Experience
- Requirements Advanced scientific or medical degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, RN or equivalent) is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical, or medical communications field is preferred.