Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide transactional legal support for Optum’s State Government, health care information technology business
- Provide legal and contractual support of competitive as well as sole source agreements with customers, including reviewing Requests for Proposals, drafting questions and contract responses, advising proposal writers on confidentiality markings, assisting in the completion of forms and certifications, drafting and negotiating teaming and other vendor or partner agreements, advising senior leadership on risks and negotiating customer and supplier agreements, Statements of Work, Change Orders and Amendments
- Protect the organization's rights in contract negotiations, settlements and litigation
- Acquire deep knowledge of the industry and the specific business practices of the Optum State Government business within UnitedHealth Group so as to best advise senior business leaders
- Assist with periodic government related filings and registrations
- Periodically interact with Optum senior leadership team and outside counsel on legal issues
- Work with business clients to resolve legal and contractual issues with company-wide significance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 5+ years of legal experience
- 3+ Government contracting experience
- Prior experience providing advice to senior business leaders
- Experience with state and/or federal procurements, including RFP review, proposal preparation and review, drafting and negotiating resulting prime and subcontracts
- Experience providing legal advice in a government contracting environment
- Proven success in collaborating across a matrixed business and legal environment
- Demonstrated understanding of business problems related to assigned legal projects
- Ability to evaluate and determine appropriate legal course of action to meet business unit needs
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, and external company contacts
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Prior health care legal experience and/or information technology legal experience
- Understanding of health care and/or information technology industry
- Experience with bid protests
- Knowledge of legal principles underlying organizational conflicts of interest
- Well-developed written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate General Counsel, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote