If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Within OptumRx, the Associate Director of Network Programs and Retail Account Management will lead the knowledge sharing and direction between the Network Relations team, proposal development team, Underwriting, Sales and Account Management teams. As the Associate Director, you will be responsible for that critical relationship continuum while also managing a broader team handling and documenting custom requests, RFP responses and advanced tracking. In this capacity, you will lead a team accountable for ensuring that optimal network design, and continuous feedback is captured into our Client RFP’s and network builds. This role is critical to ensuring the appropriate networks are leveraged and that new custom solutions are developed and priced appropriately to win and/or maintain business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Set team direction, resolve problems and provide guidance to members of own team
- Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Oversee network analysis and strategy development and implementation
- Develop RFP responses designed to win business, managing updates and feedback loop into the RFP database team
- Coordinate retail network builds and proactively develop new network solutions to meet our provider and client needs
- Tracking all network builds and maintenance of current networks, while reducing network related set-up errors
- Proactively reach out to internal partners to include latest network offerings in RFPs, renewals and existing clients
- Collaborating with Sales on RFP strategy kick-off calls
- Identifying and driving Network upsell opportunities
- Implementing & improving policies and processes
- Leading network strategy / overview discussions with key internal constituents such as Sales, Proposals, Pricing and account management teams
- Reviewing and driving network product marketing material review and refresh
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of healthcare experience in an internal and/or external client-facing capacity (PBM / pharmacy or pharma industry preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in a highly matrixed environment in a role driving collaboration and strategy across multiple cross functional groups
- 1+ years of experience managing or contributing to an RFP process
- Experience writing and interpreting contractual language
- Experience analyzing data and providing recommendations
- Beginner MS Excel skills
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Undergraduate degree
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Proposals, RFP's, underwriting, account management, Irvine, CA, California, Schaumburg, IL, Illinois, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home