Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Business Title: Applications Engineer Internal Title: Application Engineer
Business Unit: Semiconductor BU
Reports To: TBD Title: Application Engineer
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Band: P1 Track: Technical
US Only - FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
Application Engineers are responsible for providing world class assistance to customers in the usage of our products, as well as for leveraging knowledge and relationships to assist in growing our software business in line with our corporate vision and performance expectations.
- Product Support/Customer Training:
- Support and train customers promptly and effectively in order to improve our customers' productivity and satisfaction with Apache BU simulation products
- Providing and coordinating support for multiple designs for assigned customers through tape-out and to verify that these designs are clean within customer expectations
- Apply knowledge in the areas of Custom circuit analysis, RTL design, High-performance VLSI design, Standard cell physical layout, Power-grid extraction, Timing analysis, Noise analysis, and Voltage drop effects with various CAD tools to solve problems in complex System-on-Chip (SoC).
- Key Customer Development: Consistently improve our understanding of customers' workflow and technical needs and communicate new opportunities and risks to Sales; proactively work to grow the software usage by demonstrating new solutions
- Sales Assistance: Collaborate with Sales in order to grow sales volume in existing markets
- Product Development Assistance: Collaborate with Product Development as needed to improve software products and the customers' experience using these products
- Minimum BSEE with a minimum of 5 years of experience in VLSI design or MSEE
- Custom circuit analysis & design, standard cell physical layout, timing and noise analysis, or voltage drop effects with CAD tools
- Strong technical knowledge related to EDA tools on layout, STA, Extraction-SPEF/DSPF and Spice
- Ability to develop utilities for troubleshooting and debugging problems utilizing knowledge of the UNIX operating systems and proficiency in scripting using Perl or Tcl
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Strong problem-solving skills
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
• Customer focus
• Results and Accountability
• Transparency and Integrity
• Sense of urgency
• Collaboration and Teamwork
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto