Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our location in Santa Clara, CA, currently has an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant II. The Administrative Assistant II consistently interacts with high-level executives to provide advanced administrative support to one or more Divisional Vice Presidents and other managers/directors as assigned and may provide back up support to higher-level management as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsibilities include all administrative functions of the department: answering phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, managing correspondence and scheduling couriers, processing expense reports, meeting/event planning, creating or modifying business documents, preparing presentations from source materials, handling teleconference and cell phone setups, act as a liaison for remote access issues.
- Maintain and manage calendars, including meeting and travel scheduling and domestic and international travel arrangements. Proactively identify and resolve scheduling conflicts, and be the primary point of contact for manager’s schedule.
- May include some support for tracking budget expenditures.
- Coordinate and maintain departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with corporate and government regulations.
- Follow purchasing and requisition procedures, Corporate Security and Privacy Rules, Corporate Branding Guidelines. Order business cards and stationery.
- Uses intermediate to advanced software skills to perform work assigned.
- Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite and other business-specific software, including the Corporate Travel Web site, and employee performance management systems (as applicable).
- Coordinate new employee office set-ups and onboarding.
- May train/coordinate work for new administrative assistants.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years previous admin experience or equivalent.
- Ability to operate with general instruction and some supervision.
- Frequently handle confidential or business-sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential or business-sensitive information.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and understanding of business processes and requirements Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Visio or OrgPlus, and Outlook.
- Some college preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.