Are you a motivated, energetic, and creative individual interested in working for an agency making a difference for people in Santa Clara County? Are you detail-oriented yet able to understand the big picture? The award-winning Santa Clara County Housing Authority (SCCHA) is looking for talented individuals to be a part of a collaborative, innovative organization dedicated to making homes and growing communities in Santa Clara County.
The Executive Department, which provides strategic direction to all departments and executes the long-term vision for the Agency under the direction of the Board of Commissioners, is currently seeking applicants for an Administrative Assistant position. The Administrative Assistant will work directly with the Executive Management Team providing confidential secretarial, administrative and project support. This position will act as a liaison between management and other staff, outside agencies, and the public, coordinating resolutions when appropriate.
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of responsible, confidential, and complex administrative support for a Housing Authority (Agency) department, management, staff and boards, including the compilation and preparation of a variety of complex reports and department/team budget and assisting in the implementation and monitoring of programs and/or projects; coordinates and serves as a liaison for assigned programs, projects, and activities with other Agency departments, outside agencies, and the general public; performs related work as required.
This is the journey-level class in the administrative support series. Incumbents at this level are capable of performing complex administrative and office support duties, including assisting in implementing and monitoring department-related projects and programs. The work has technical and programmatic aspects, requiring the interpretation and application of policies, procedures, and regulations and involving frequent contact with staff and the public, as well as performing various research functions. Employees at this level are required to be fully trained in all procedures related to the assigned area(s) of responsibility, and working with a high degree of independent judgment, tact, and initiative. Dependent upon assigned department, may provide support for board activities, public records requests, and other duties as required.
- Provides confidential secretarial, administrative and project support for assigned management, departmental staff, and boards; acts as a liaison between management and other staff, outside agencies, and the public, coordinating resolutions when appropriate.
- Assists or administers assigned department projects and/or programs as assigned by management staff; provides assistance in various research and department-related projects, including development and administration of department and/or affiliate budgets, contract agreements, subpoenas and public information requests, and grant applications.
- Organizes and carries out administrative assignments; researches, compiles, and organizes information and data from various sources on a variety of specialized topics related to programs in assigned area; checks and tabulates standard mathematical or statistical data; prepares and assembles agendas, minutes, resolutions, reports, and other informational materials.
- Composes, types, edits, and proofreads a variety of complex documents, including forms, memos, administrative, statistical, financial, and staff reports, and correspondence for department management and staff; inputs and retrieves data; checks draft documents for punctuation, spelling, and grammar; makes or suggests corrections.
- Researches, prepares and processes reports, forms, and records, such as requests for payments, purchase orders, invoices, requests for proposals, bid packages, contracts and agreements, legal documents, hearing notices, Board memos, draft resolutions, notices of determination, and mailing lists for public hearing items.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, flexible spending accounts, deferred compensation, retirement, educational tuition reimbursement, and more. In addition, we operate on a 9/80 work schedule where employees have a paid day off every other Friday. (Monday through Thursday is a nine (9) hour day and the Friday that is worked is an eight (8) hour day).