The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks in the Process Science Department at Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing supports to our staff members and assisting in our general administrative activities. Responsibilities include but not limited to
• Handling office tasks such as setting up meetings, maintaining calendars of the leadership team, maintaining organization chart, distributing emails, ordering office supplies and providing general supports to visitors
• Making travel arrangements such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel reservations
• Coordinating department and site events
• Assisting new employee onboarding process
• Managing POs, invoices and expense reports
• Supporting documentation workflows
• Maintaining and ordering lab supplies
• Archiving lab notebooks
Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Team and Outlook. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. High degree of initiative, accountability, accuracy, problem solving ability and follow-up skills. Strong customer service skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
High School Diploma with several years of experience as an assistant. Associates degree preferred.