Founded in 2015 and based in Silicon Valley, CA, OhmniLabs is re-imagining service robotics. We are experts from Carnegie Mellon and Stanford who believe that service robots can make a positive impact on people’s everyday lives. The company exemplifies innovation in service robotics manufacturing and development. We designed robots with modular components, and utilize lean, toolless manufacture. Reusability and integration are the cornerstones of our fabrication process, allowing for orders of magnitude, less capital spent and a fraction of the development time. We also disrupt the common manufacturing process which relies on injection molding and outsourcing to giant factories in Asia or South America. We aim to bring jobs back to America, pushing for local and lean manufacturing process utilizing additive manufacturing (production grade 3D printing) technology. And we are growing!
We are looking for passionate individuals to join our additive manufacturing team.
Equal opportunity is important to us. To avoid biases, we anonymize applications during the prescreen stage. All identifying information is hidden until later stages.
- Fully responsible for print operation of robotics parts
- Execute changeover, including remove parts from printers, and start prints based on schedule and current part stocks
- Perform any necessary printer-servicing tasks (cleaning, visual inspection, check belt tension, etc.)
- Perform quality inspection on printed parts. Accurately log part failures.
- Perform printer maintenance as needed to ensure continued production of high-quality printed parts.
- Observe, log, and report new and continuing printer- and part-quality related issues.
- Engineering Support: Assist with development of new and continuing engineering projects for Printer Team and Mechatronics.
- Must be very familiar and knowledgeable about FDM 3D Printing and related technologies. Must be able to understand and solve common 3D printing issues
- Must be competent with common hand and power tools
- Must be able to work as part of a small team and independently
- Must have an “maker’s mindset” - Not necessarily looking for an engineering degree, but someone who is comfortable applying research, lateral thinking, and experimentation to come up with solutions to unique problems
- Should be familiar with Lean Manufacturing
- Should be familiar with spreadsheet and word processing software
- Should have some experience with CAD software
- Would like to have someone with some exposure to software development/networking
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources
- Stock Option Plan